Thursday, February 21, 2013

THE TIME HAS COME

I’ve been debating for the past week whether or not to post this entry and how I what should I say. Well to make a long story short two months ago I finally fulfilled my passion for writing and I succeeded at long last to self-published my debut novel, a YA Paranormal/Time Travel/First Kiss romance novel, which I entitled, “I Kissed a Ghost”. For those who have followed my blog you know I’ve had my fair share of trials and tribulations fulfilling my dream.  And when I typed that final elusive period of my manuscript I felt superb and in a state I can best describe as euphoria.  I paid to have my manuscript edited, as well having the cover designed.

Once my book got released on December 20, 2012, I, like every author proceeded to market/promote my book. I more than pleased to have received 62 “LIKES” on Amazon.  I got thrilled to have received a wonderful review on Amazon. However, someone who never read the book said the book would be swell it got read by a 13 year and then preceded to give it only one star. I guess this individual had to be an adult who decided to rate it as if she/he were reading it for themselves. Why would anyone take the time to write something like this? The only possibility I can see for this is one of jealousy of what I’ve accomplished, but then, who am I to say why this individual did this?
I’m happy someone had nominated me for a group read poll on GoodReads, and got somewhat elated when I tied for second place, which made my book part of the group read. I felt with this accolade, with over 6,500 members in this group, would result in some sales being generated. I felt great seeing the number of individuals who’ve indicated my book as a “To Read”.  But the truth be known, right now I’m feeling totally discouraged about my having written my book, and my future writing endeavors, simply due to the fact no real books have been sold. I wanted so much by now to have generated enough sales to have a Kindle edition made for my book.

So as it stands right now, I’m still plugging away at trying to find new venues to generate sales of my debut novel as it gets too repetitious to do it in the places I currently have a presence in. I’ve slowed down the re-reading and editing of the novel I mentioned in the above to no more than two pages a day, which will continue as I write to new material for it.  Nonetheless I will still be commenting on the blogs I follow. This slowdown of my writing will afford me the opportunity to have a greater presence in the two LinkedIn Groups I managed.

In closing, I’d like to tell, you, my followers I’ll still be posting my flash fiction endeavors, writing progress, etc.  Everyone here already knows about my debut novel and where you can get a copy so I’m not going to mention it again here. I’m willing to listen to any suggestions anyone might have as where I should try to get additional exposure. I’m willing to make myself available for blog interviews.  You can leave the information here or email me at RLMorgan51@gmail.com  [Subject = Interview or Marketing Ideas.]

THANKS for being a follower.

Sincerely,

Robin Leigh Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment