Friday, March 28, 2014

WEEKLY STATUS REPORT # 5


When someone told me as I wrote “I Kissed a Ghost” that I’ll be writing four different items at the same time in the future, I’d have laughed in their face. But now look at me, I’m actually doing precisely what she told me; and with everything falling into place, I keep on surprising myself as to the progress I’m making on each one.  Well here we are again, another week has gone by and it’s time for me to report on my progress on each of my four projects.

I’m beginning to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel for “His Darkest Secret.” In the past week I’ve written another chapter consisting of 5 pages and approximately 1,500 words, which bring the total for this endeavor to a total of 38 Chapters, 252 pages with approximately 73,060 words. According to my “mental countdown,” I estimate I’ll now need about two more chapters before I can type that elusive final period for my manuscript and begin the long process of self-editing.  

My anthology of Flash Fiction is up to 87 items with 4 new ones having been written in the past week. This leaves me with only 13 more items to write for my goal of 100 Flash Fictions.

For my still untitled YA Fantasy this past week I completed writing Chapter 2 and wrote its third chapter bringing the total to 3 Chapters, 11 pages and approximately 3,275 words.

For my final project, “It Had All Been a Game”, I’ve completed Chapter 3 with a total of 4 pages and more than 1,140 words being written; which brings the total for my efforts here to a total of 3 Chapters, 24 pages, and approximately 6,925 words.

If for any reason you feel frustrated by not being able to write a lot each day remember: If you can only type two pages a day [500 words]; you be able to finish a 240 page novel [about 60,000 words] in four months. Look at the progress I’m making each week for an example of what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment