Tuesday, November 11, 2014

BOOK REVIEW # 24 - THE EVIL IS IN THE ICE

While the writing of this book is relatively good and I enjoyed the genre mix it contains as well as the action in it, there are several factors which wound up distracting my total enjoyment. Unless I missed it, given the four bodies had been discovered in Siberia, I don’t see how Dr. Orville got the Russians to allow his research to be moved to NY City instead of being done in a place like Moscow.

I found the author’s dating each chapter to be a nuisance as multiple consecutive chapters had the same date. After reading Chapters 20 – 27 with the date of November 18, 2015, I come to Chapter 28 with a date of November 18, 2013 without any rhyme or reason; after which we jump to the Epilogue with a date of spring 2018. In addition, I found the manner in which the author had decided to break the story into chapters to be somewhat distracting as well.

Unfortunately, while I’d love to have given this book a better rating the best I can do is only 3 STARS.

I received my copy of this book through a giveaway on GoodReads.com and this review has been my honest opinion for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment