Monday, February 2, 2015

BOOK REVIEW 2015-020 - BENEATH THE WILLOW

While the vast majority of readers tend to stay with a particular genre or multiple genres of books, as a Book Reviewer I’ve got to be willing to read any genre from simple Children’s Books to those Erotic Romance novels which can be quite steamy. For my review this time I’m happy I’ve chosen a novelette entitled “Beneath The Willow” by Gemma Farrow.

As a writer of micro fiction, stories under 400 words and an average of only five sentences, myself; I understand and appreciate the difficulty in drafted stories which are wholly wonderful in their brevity. I loved the way this author’s skillfully wrote this novelette of a vampire and romance which once existed between Keziah, a newly bitten and transforming woman into a vampirette, and her former lover, Thomas. There’s just the right amount of suspense/creepiness to keep the reader guessing as to what is going to happen next in this tale of horror.

While the story itself has apparently been written in the past tense, there’s something about it; which if it is read as something happening as you’re reading it, increases the strength and impact of the story.
Is Thomas willing to simply lose Kaziah to what fate now has in store for her, or is he going to do something about it? I can’t say, neither can I mention the ending which came as a unexpected surprise for me.

Since I’ve been bitten by the author’s writing, I can’t resist in giving Ms. Farrow 5 STARS for her endeavor here.




UK:  http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00D09DJQU

No comments:

Post a Comment