Saturday, July 11, 2015

BOOK REVIEW # 2015-084 - THE ADVENTURES OF STUPID THE CAT

When I saw this book mentioned in an email I’d recently received and being a cat lover with my dear OH [we’ve got two], I couldn’t help but download it immediately to my PC, and with it being FREE came has a pleasant bonus.

I feel this is a prefect book for all children between the ages of 5 and 8, the girls as well as the boys, especially if they already have a cat as a pet. As these young readers read about the adventures of “Chips” aka “Stupid,” they’ll inevitably begin to think about the different things their own cat has gotten himself/herself involved with, increasing their interest in the rest of the book.

The author and his wife’s decision to use the cat’s POV to tell his story in own words as he views his world and his human owners, although it actually written by someone else [perhaps a dog - - :-)] adds value to the book’s adorability factor.

Mr. Border gives his readers an unexpected bonus at the end of this story, an excerpt from his “The Little Green Man in the Red Apple Tree.”

For giving me and the other readers of this book the opportunity to see how our own cats might be viewing their world and us, I’m giving this book 5 STARS !!!




UK:  http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ZQ39HI2

No comments:

Post a Comment