Thursday, December 17, 2015

BOOK RETURN # 2015-161 - THE TRUE STORY OF THE PSYCHOPATH OF SANTA CRUZ

httAs I read more and more of Jack Rosewood’s endeavors in this genre of True Crimes, the more can I see how his writing style is continuing to improve. The reason I’m saying this because for several years I wrote items for a community newspaper and as I look back to what I’d written I can see the same kind of improvement. I believe that the astuteness in our selection of words as continues increase the effectiveness and impact of what we’d like to communicate to our readers.

In this outing Mr. Rosewood has chosen to write about Herbert Mullin, a psychopath who wound up murdering several individuals in California in the early 1970s. Once again in order to paint an entire picture of this individual we are given information regarding what had occurred in his life which had lead up to the beginning of his killing spree.

Mullin was diagnosed has suffering from paranoid schizophrenia which caused him to believed that killing these individuals would help prevent earthquakes in California. Since he admitted to his crimes, the trial focused in on whether he had been sane and responsible for his actions. While the defense had attempted to show Mullin’s insanity at the time, the fact he made sure he had covered his tracks proved the opposite to be true.

For once again presenting a story regarding another infamous serial killer in an enjoyable format, I’m giving this book 5 STARS.


UK:  http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B019CTWH2I

No comments:

Post a Comment