Wednesday, June 8, 2016

BOOK REVIEW # 2016-067 - CONFESSIONS OF AN UGLY GIRL

If there was any book a person like me could relate to this would be the book. But in order to tell for me to explain why I have to confess I suffer from a genetic deformity on my skin on several parts of my body including a very vital part - - my face.

So like Millie I never thought I would never married but one day I ran into my dear OH at work; my OH, I should point out is rather plain looking and could never win a beauty contest.

After a while our relationship ended. I can’t really remember why, but it. However, a few years later our paths crossed and the relationship started anew and happily we eventually married. We basically agreed not to have children out of fear of passing my condition along to any child we have had.

The only difference between me and Millie is that I knew I had a good heart. My dear OH had been the first individual to see pass my deformity and to the person I am inside. Sam has to be the first person in Millie’s life who also was able to look pass her so-called ugliness to the person she is inside. Now, for Millie to have her HEA, she must be “forced” to realize that she has far more to offer Sam than merely looking pretty.

Ms. Wasser’s poignant story can, could and should be read by both men and women; people who are allowing themselves to be their worst enemy by letting their outward appearance to run their lives.

For what could well be, I’ve got no knowledge if it is, someone’s memoir, I’m giving this book 5 STARS.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment