Friday, January 13, 2017

BOOK REVIEW # 2017-008 - MENDING A HEART

I read this book via a KINDLE Unlimited download.


Like the author I’ve been through having open heart surgery myself, and wound up having the works: I had a quadruple bypass, value replacement and a maze to help control an irregular heart rate. But unlike the author I felt relatively fine with no visible sign of an inability to function without any problems.


Luckily I was saved by the paramedics, got taken to the hospital where I awoke ten days later with tubes connected to all three of my orifices, which I’m not going to mention individually as I know you can imagine where they were.


Of course I wasn’t allowed to get out of bed while I was in the CCU [Coronary/Cardiac Care Unit] for about ten days. I then got transferred to another hospital for my by-pass surgery. My entire time there, and even after my surgery, no one came to take me out of bed so I could stretch my legs and walk; so you can imagine what happen three days before I would be sent for REHAB, they got someone to take me out of my bed so I could finally work, my legs felt like they were a wet noodle for I couldn’t even stay on my own two feet.


After almost four weeks I finally got to go home and if it wasn’t for my dear OH staying by me I don’t know what I would have done. If there’s one person who can understand the experience what the author has gone through it would have to be me. This is a life changing experiencing which forces one to appreciate life itself, the good and the bad. So for having given her readers a poignant memoir I’m giving Ms. Miclea 5 STARS.


US: https://www.amazon.com/review/RHX4C36CRLYA3


UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/RJ7UJJ6IP25EQ

No comments:

Post a Comment